Signify has announced the expansion of its comprehensive smart home lighting offerings in the United States. In addition to Bluetooth- and Zigbee-based smart lighting with Philips Hue, Signify is now offering Wi-Fi-enabled lighting that works with the WiZ Connected ecosystem. The ecosystem operates independently from the Philips Hue ecosystem. One can conveniently adjust the Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED lighting using the easy-to-use WiZ app on a smartphone or a tablet and their personal Wi-Fi network – no wiring or additional equipment is required.
Signify acquired WiZ Connected, developer of the WiZ Wi-Fi-based connected lighting ecosystem in April 2019. This product range works with the WiZ app, WiZ accessories and other WiZ partner products; it is not compatible with the Bluetooth- and Zigbee-based Philips Hue ecosystem.
To enable the ecosystem, users first need to download the free WiZ app (iOS or Android). Then screw the retrofit light bulb in any existing table lamp or fixture or the downlight in roof-ceiling, and follow the step-by-step guide in the app to complete the setup. Users will then be able to:
- Conveniently control home lighting irrespective of the location using the WiZ app, or with Alexa, the Google Assistant or Siri shortcuts if having a compatible voice device.
- Wirelessly dim Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED WiZ Connected lights, or choose from pre-set light scenes for ambiance.
- Change the shade of white light – from warm white to cool daylight – to suit daily task needs.
- Make the home glow with any color they like.
- Set light schedules and timers.
Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED WiZ Connected Collection
The collection, with pricing ranging from $9.97 to $19.97, includes:
- Dimmable Warm White (2700K) and Cool White (5000K) in the traditional A19 light bulb shape and BR30 downlight
- Tunable White (2700-5000K) in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, BR30 downlight and 6" integrated downlight
- Full Color with Tunable White in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, BR30 downlight and 6" integrated downlight
- Dimmable Clear Filament in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, G25 globe and ST19 teardrop shape
- Dimmable Amber Filament in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, G25 globe and ST19 teardrop shape
The new range of Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED WiZ Connected products is exclusively available through Home Depot across the United States from September 2019.