At the upcoming ECOC 2019 event, Keysight will be demonstrating advanced digital and test solutions across all network layers and technologies for optical transmission and data center interconnect. Keysight experts will be also discussing comprehensive service offerings to help customers accelerate development of intelligent networks.
The following solutions will be demonstrated at the Keysight stand during the event:
Keysight Parametric Photonic Test Solutions
- A new multiport power meter paired with tunable laser sources which reduce time and cost to test wavelength-multiplexing optical components.
- A new lightwave component analyzer (LCA) that addresses opto-electronic tests up to 110 GHz in an extended wavelength range down to 1260nm, offering manufacturers higher baud rates in return to zero/ non-return-to-zero (RZ/NRZ) and PAM formats.
Data Center Transceiver Design and Test Solutions
- A compliance test solution for 400GBASE devices and components that addresses current and next generation data communication networks using 4-level pulse amplitude modulation (PAM4), forward error correction (FEC), and equalizing receivers to achieve increased bandwidth in datacenter networks.
- A cost-effective and scalable solution for functional and interoperability testing of 400GE optical transceiver modules and direct attached copper cables.
Pulse Amplitude Modulation 4-Level (PAM4) Simulation/Analysis Solution
- A full simulation of PAM4 Optical-to-Electrical (O/E) & Electrical-to-Optical (E/O) link in PathWave 2020 including how to develop IBIS Algorithmic Modeling Interface (IBIS-AMI) models for channel simulations to optimize the channel, ensuring an open eye diagram before going to prototype.
Coherent Optical Transmission Solution
- A test solution that mimics the function of a coherent transceiver, generating signals with flexible format and shape at 100 GBaud speed using Keysight’s new arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) and analyzing those signals with Keysight’s optical modulation analyzer (OMA) based on the company’s UXR real-time oscilloscope.
Collaboration with Partners at ECOC
- Mellanox Technologies (Stand 53), a leading supplier of end-to-end Ethernet and InfiniBand intelligent interconnect solutions, will demonstrate Ixia’s A400GE-QDD test system with the Mellanox 400G optical physical medium dependents (PMDs) DR4 and 200G SR4 transceivers, which will deliver better than IEEE specified FEC error density and BER (bit error rate) performance.
- Molex (Stand 94), a leading global manufacturer of electronic solutions, will demonstrate an Ethernet signal between the Cisco N9K-C9316D-GX switch and Ixia’s A400GE-QDD. Real-time analysis on the A400 will showcase test results of pre-FEC per lane BER better than IEEE specifications.
- Innolight (Stand 271), a global leader in high-speed optical transceivers, is using a wide array of Keysight’s solutions including the company’s N1092D Digital Communication Analyzer and N1078A 64 GBaud clock recovery, in the live demonstration of their 400G QSFP-DD ER4 transceiver for data center and metro applications.
Keysight industry experts will also be present at ECOC’s Market Focus sessions, discussing the latest industry trends and sharing knowledge on the latest technologies in optical communications. Beate Hoehne, the Solution Sales Development Manager at Keysight, will discuss “Data Center and Optical Network Innovation: Enabling the 5G Ecosystem” on Monday 23 September at 13:20 - 13:50.
ECOC 2019 will be held from September 22-26 in Dublin, Ireland. Click to view more highlights of the event.