Technavio recently published a report on, “Optical Transceiver Market by End-user, Fiber Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2023-2027”. According to the report, the Optical Transceiver Market, is expected to grow by USD 7,372.73 million from 2022 to 2027. As per the latest report, the market will progress at a CAGR of 14.22% during the forecast period.
This report aid business leaders with an up-to-date analysis that includes the study of the current market scenario, the latest trends and drivers that are likely to influence the market growth, and the overall market environment. An optical transceiver market trend expected to positively impact market growth is the migration of OTNs toward WDM architecture. OTNs have started migrating from SONET technology toward wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) architecture, more prominently to dense WDM (DWDM). Tremendous capacity can be released by carrying multiple wavelengths over a single fiber. This enables network operators to significantly reduce the cost of deploying multiple network overlays per service offering or the cost of deploying a single-channel network.
Optical Transceiver Market 2023-2027: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. Our optical transceiver market report covers the following areas:
- Optical Transceiver Market size
- Optical Transceiver Market trends
- Optical Transceiver Market industry analysis
- Optical Transceiver Market five forces analysis
- Optical Transceiver Market competitive landscape
Optical Transceiver Market 2023-2027: Market Dynamics
- Strategic collaboration among supply chain members is the key driver for the growth of the global optical transceiver market.
- The growing IoT market and increased enterprise data, video, and IP/Internet traffic influence the need for higher bandwidth.
- Thus, members of the supply chain have initiated strategic collaborations to develop and design common optical transceiver standards to meet the product needs of next-generation data centers. Additionally, various vendors across the world are entering MSAs for the design and development of products that are compatible with offerings from other vendors.
- Optical transceivers (QSFP, SFP, SFP, XENPAK, and XFP), fiber optic cables, and other networking devices are some of the products that adhere to MSAs.
- Hence, such factors will influence the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Different architecture requirements are a major challenge impeding the growth of the global optical transceiver market.
- The network architecture requirements of regional carriers, such as tier 2 and tier 3 carriers, are different from Tier 1 carriers.
- Tier 1 uses an integrated Switched Optical Transport Network (OTN) as the transport technology.
- Local carriers may not need such high-capacity networks, as the bandwidth demand from their coverage areas may be significantly lower.
- Hence, such challenges influence the growth of the optical transceiver market during the forecast period.
Optical Transceiver Market 2023-2027: Segmentation
- North America
- South America
- Middle East And Africa
The market share growth by the datacom segment will be significant during the forecast period. This segment includes the sales of fiber optic transceivers to major firms that focus on deploying fiber optic networks for data transmission and interconnection purposes at data centers. Data centers widely use optical transceiver modules as photoelectric conversion media. Moreover, they are not only expanding in terms of new deployments but also evolving in terms of network architecture to deliver non-blocking network performance. Hence, such factors will drive the growth of the global optical transceiver market during the forecast period.
- Special coverage on the Russia-Ukraine war; global inflation; recovery analysis from COVID-19; supply chain disruptions, global trade tensions; and risk of recession
- Global competitiveness and key competitor positions
- Market presence across multiple geographical footprints - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will accelerate during the forecast period. They provide a detailed analysis of around 25 vendors operating in the Optical Transceiver Market, including:
Backed with competitive intelligence and benchmarking, our research reports on the Optical Transceiver Market are designed to provide entry support, customer profile and M&As as well as go-to-market strategy support.
- Applied Optoelectronics Inc. - The company offers optical transceivers such as Octal small form factor pluggable OSFP modules, Octal small form factor pluggable QSFP modules, Small form factor pluggable SFP28 modules, and small form factor pluggable SFP plus modules.
- Broadcom Inc. - The company offers an optical transceiver named SFP Plus with LC connector type.
- Ciena Corp. - The company offers optical microsystems products, namely WaveLogic 5 Extreme coherent technology and WaveLogic 5 Nanotechnology.
Optical Transceiver Market 2023-2027: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2023-2027
- Detailed information on factors that will assist optical transceiver market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the optical transceiver market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the optical transceiver market
- Analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of optical transceiver market vendors
Click here to read the research report titled, “Optical Transceiver Market by End-user, Fiber Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2023-2027”.