Molex is demonstrating next-generation optical interconnect, wavelength management, optoelectronic and optical subsystem solutions for dynamic high-bandwidth telecommunications and network infrastructure at the Optical Networking and Communication Conference and Exhibition (OFC 2018), March 11-15, 2018 at the San Diego (CA) Convention Center in booth 2512.
Product technology highlights in booth 2512 include:
- Molex’s full portfolio of optical transceiver products, covering high-speed data center, wireless xHaul and metro/aggregation optical networking applications with data rates up to 100 Gbps.
- Molex’s full portfolio of Wavelength Management products such as mux/demux, optical amplification, monitoring, switching and routing components, modules and subsystems.
- MPO data center optical solutions that support more efficient integration of high-performance networks and can eliminate redundant cabling when required.
Molex will feature several public and private demos, including:
- OptoConnect Optical Enclosures - A replacement technology for patch cord-based cross connections, OptoConnect optical management solutions simplify complex fiber mapping while greatly reducing intra-system cabling footprints in advanced network architectures.
- Fiber Management Solutions for COBO Based Optical Engines - A COBO module-based reference layout board including high-density front panel Optical EMI shielding adapters, blind mating optical backplane interconnect and on-card optical cabling featuring FlexPlane technology will highlight how system vendors can implement COBO on board optical module-based architectures.
- Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable Double Density (QSFP-DD) System - This system will showcase how the eight-lane electrical interface operates up to 25 Gbps NRZ modulation or 56 Gbps PAM-4, with feasibility of 112 Gbps PAM-4, in support of the growth in future bandwidth needs.
The following demos are by appointment only.
- 100G PAM-4 DWDM QSFP28 and 100G FR QSFP28 will demonstrate an industry leading 100G PAM-4 DWDM QSFP28 transceiver product solutions supporting data center interconnects, as well as high-bandwidth wireless and wireline back haul applications. To expand the reach of the DWDM transceiver, Molex will also showcase the subsystem, which features automatic span loss detection, gain compensation and dispersion compensation. In compliance with 100G Lambda Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), Molex will demonstrate 100G FR QSFP28.
- C+L band EDFA and Raman Amplifier with DGE will highlight how Dynamic Gain Equalizer (DGE) can greatly reduce accumulated gain error, eliminate dynamic gain ripple and lower the noise. Molex has developed a very compact and low-loss DGE that can be directly integrated into an amplifier module to improve its performance.
- Mini-hybrid amplifier components for coherent signal boosting expand the mini-hybrid amplifier component offering with a series of new products that integrate more functions or in smaller form factors.
Molex will also participate in several speaking engagements and technical sessions:
- The iNEMI Optoelectronics Technology Integration Group is hosting a one-day session coinciding with OFC 2018 on Monday, March 12th in room 22 on the upper level. During the afternoon working session, Tom Marrapode from Molex will co-present on the status of the Singlemode Expanded Beam Connector Board Level Optical Interconnects Project he leads. Session meetings are free and open to all interested parties. Registration for an OFC Exhibit Pass Plus badge is required.
- Molex’s Ryan Yu will join other industry experts in a panel discussion on 5G wireless optical technologies.
- Molex will jointly release a white paper at OFC 2018 with other QSFP-DD MSA members on the topics of QSFP-DD module thermal management strategies and capabilities in high-performance.
For more infromation, click here.