Leading developer and manufacturer of lighting technologies and solutions, Bridgelux, has released its 8th Generation of LED chip-on-board (COB) products delivering up to 185 lm/W across its V Series, Vero Series and Vero SE Series product families at nominal drive current. This performance is benchmarked at the popular 3000K 80 CRI color point, with efficacies above 200 lm/W possible at other color points across the industry’s broadest range of COB products.
In addition to reclaiming the industry lead in COB efficacy, these products have many additional features including:
- Nominal light output optimized to align with traditional lamp standards
- Industry best standard warranty of up to 10 years
- Efficacy improvements of up to 10% compared to previous product generations
- Up to 3x overdrive capability, delivering a 30% increase in maximum lumens per LES size
- Increased lumens per dollar, further reducing the cost of solid-state lighting
- Optical and mechanical consistency with previous generations, enabling a seamless upgrade path leveraging existing ecosystem components
- Broad range of COB size and performance options from LES 8mm to LES 29mm
- Improved alignment with industry standard drive currents, enabling the use of economical LED drivers to further reduce costs
- Technologically equivalent with current Bridgelux seventh generation COB LM-80 data
With more efficient light sources available for an entire lighting ecosystem, customers are now better equipped to meet evolving energy standards and rebate incentive programs without compromises in quality of light.
In addition to the announcement of new Gen 8 products, Bridgelux continues to expand its portfolio of human centric lighting solutions. New products under development include the new Vesta Thrive COB, the industry’s first tunable white natural spectrum light source; expansions in the Vesta Flex dual channel driver and controls family to now include Casambi and Silvair control modules; and the new Vesta SE, the first dim-to-warm and tunable white COBs with integrated holders to simplify and standardize mechanical, optical, and electrical connections.
Bridgelux Gen 8 products are now available for sampling and ordering with production shipments commencing in April 2020.